1) Author of the Harry Potter novels J.K. Rowling was on public assistance when she first wrote the original Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone book. Her book was rejected by a dozen publishers and she was told to not quit her day job.
Now – Miss Rowling is estimated by Forbes to be worth $1 billion, with the bulk of her money coming from her books and the Harry Potter film franchise.
2) Michael Jordan failed to make the cut for his highschool basketball team.
Now – Michael Jordan is known as the best basket ball player of all time with a estimated net worth of $1 billion
3) Sir Richard Branson had dyslexia, a learning disability that affects reading comprehension. Branson never finished high school and his first 2 businesses failed
Now – His greatest achievements are knighthood, $4.9 billion and multiple world record ballon achievements.
4) Steve jobs was fired from his own company (Apple computers) selling all his shares in disgust.
Now – He latter came back in 1997 as CEO, turning the failing tech company (which was a few months from bankruptcy) into the most profitable and loved company in the world
5) Walt Disney was fired by a newspaper editor because, “he lacked imagination and had no good ideas.”
Now – His work is known throughout the world from characters he created like Mickey mouse and Donald duck
6) The first time comedian Jerry Seinfeld walked on stage at a comedy club, he looked out at the audience, froze and was eventually jeered and booed off of the stage.
Now – Jerry Seinfeld is the wealthiest actor in the world with an estimated net worth of $820 million USD
7) The Beatles when starting out were told by a record company “we don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out”
Now – Still popular with listeners around the world today. Best selling artist of all time with over 1 billion records sold
8) Brad Pitt dropped out of university, just 2 credits short of a journalism degree, went to Hollywood where he worked outside a fast food restaurant in a giant chicken costume.
Now – 2 academy, 2 golden globe and countless other acting and directing awards. Sexiest Man Alive 1995; Sexiest Man Alive 2000;
9) Musician and rapper Eminem failed 9th grade 3 times and dropped out of high school at 17. When his girlfriend broke up with him and took their newborn away, he attempted suicide.
Now – Countless awards and is the most respected and talented white rapper of all time
10) Henry Ford was bankrupt 5 times before he founded the Ford Motor Company.
Now – In 1945 Henry Ford retired with an estimated wealth of $700 million, and then he died 2 years later. He will always be remembered for his achievements in the automobile industry. HE INVENTED THE COMMERCIALIZATION OF CARS!